Total Pageviews

Monday, August 31, 2026

Rant #4,008: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise



To quote Gomer Pyle again ...

"Surprise, Surprise, Surprise."

My dermatologist found another lesion that is pre-cancerous, so I have to have that removed--and hopefully taken care of for good--on Tuesday morning.

If it is not one thing, it is another.

But unlike Gomer's other famous saying--

"He gonna kill me, he gonna kill me, he gonna kill me dead"--

This thing isn't going to do that to me, as I am sure it will be removed and over and done with.

I hope I don't have to go through what I did a few months ago, where my scalp had to be opened up, staples put into it, and I had to go to a plastic surgeon to fully heal the wound.

No, this time, it has to be removed in full on Tuesday, and that will be that ...

I certainly hope so.

Thus far this year, I have had three major operations, and it is actually four if you count the cancerous lesion I had removed earlier.

And I face another one when my eye gets operated on in September--

On September 21 ...

On Yom Kippur yet!

I just can't win this year, and that is why I simply can't wait for this year to end.

I need to put 2026 in the rear view mirror, and simply put it behind me.

By the way, I have another test this week related to my kidney stone surgeries, and then next month, I have to have another procedure done to ensure that I am OK somewhere else.

Makes we want to screech and scream with joy at all of these medical things.

But I guess I am not alone.

We have since heard that Dolly Parton had numerous health ills leading up to her passing, including kidney stones.

So these things can hit anyone and everyone, regardless of who you are, how much money you have, have much fame you have, etc.

If it teaches me--and all of us--one thing, it is that we are all human beings.

No one is better than anyone else, and we are all in the same boat.

I guess I should take comfort in that, but I have to tell you that I really don't.

Why is all of this happening to me, seemingly at the same time, one on top of the other?

Don't I get a break?

Doesn't my family get a break?

I guess the "breaks" I am talking about are the fact that these things are getting taken care of before they get worse, or even worse, untreatable.

So I have to take solace in that.

But it is still perplexing, and bewildering, that 2026--a year that I really thought would be a good one--has turned out to be the worst year of my life and my family's lives.

That is why I want it to end so, so much.

But today is only the last day of August.

We have September, October, November and December to get through.

Will any more negativity happen to me during this four-month span?

Only the Shadow knows.

And as for Gomer ...

I don't need "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise" ...

I need peace of mind, which is much more important at this stage of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.