Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Rant #4,000: Ready, Willing and Able



Congratulations to the Ranting and Raving Blog, having reached the 4,000 rant mark today.

Or, is it congratulations to me for getting this Blog that far?

I guess it is a combination of the two.

4,000 ... that is a lot of Rants, a lot of things to say, and most importantly, a lot of things to think about.

Since the spring of 2009, I have put up plenty of what I have to say, what I believe in, and what I feel you--my audience--might be interested in.

It has been a fun endeavor, and I have really enjoyed my time sharing my thoughts with you--

Even if you disagree, which is your right to do, as long as you do it civilly.

I never would have guessed that we would reach 4,000 entries, but we have.

Looking up exactly what "4,000" refers to beyond just another number, this is what I found throughout the Internet:

It is a natural number in between 3,999 and 4,001, and it is a decagonal number, meaning that it is, according to a definition posted on Wikipedia, "a figurate number that extends the concept of triangular and square numbers to the decagon, a 10-sided polygon."

This is all gobbledegook to me, so just let's say that reaching 4,000 Rants is a pretty nice achievement.

In the context of this site, we will probably reach 4,100 posts sometime early next year, and we will reach 5,000 posts ...

Sometime in 2030!

That is if I can last that long.

I sure hope I can.

This Blog is nothing but fun to me, giving me a direction each and every weekday ...

Or as many weekdays as my body will allow, and it hasn't been too cooperative this year.

I have eye surgery coming up in late September, which will certainly impede me here, but I just look at it as another speed bump--

Because even if I have to take a few days off, I will be back as soon as I possibly can.

I just don't know how long it will be until I can get back in the saddle again, but hopefully, it won't be that long.

Whatever the case, we have reached #4,000 here, andI think that that is quite an accomplishment.

And as far as the future ...

I don't know where the Ranting and Raving Blog is going, and that is all part of the fun.

I don't know if TikTok or OnlyFans is in my future--I sure hope not--but you never know.

Personally, I would just like to keep this the way it is, because it is small and very personal.

But I will never say never, just let's say that I doubt that this site will expand visually, in particular on those platforms, which I only mentioned in jest.

So lock yourself in for the next 1,000 posts, because I am ready, willing and able to do it!

Will you be with me?

That is your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.