Today, I have to go to the special eye doctor to see where I stand with my right eye, which has a partially torn retina in it.
Honestly, I am completely torn--yes, there is that word again--about getting the procedure done and letting it go.
Yes, my vision is not as good in the right eye as it was before this thing happened--I have no idea how it happened--but I have managed pretty well, even with the bad eye.
I have been able to do my work, drive, drive at night, read the newspaper ...
Basically do everything I had done before this happened.
Heck, I just drove 2,100 miles, and I seemed to manage pretty well.
So, do I get this done or do I not get this done, at least right now?
I just don't know.
I do know that the surgery takes about 40 minutes, and the way it was described to me, some type of bubble gets placed in the eye, and I have to really do nothing for at least five days, other than keep my head low so the bubble can do its job.
Then, I can gradually return to normal, with increased activity.
There is no assurance that this will work, by the way, so it is a crapshoot, even if I have the surgery.
It took three surgeries on the same area to fix my other major problem, so I am not immune to doing what it takes to fix a physical problem.
But with the eyes, I admit it is a different thing altogether, and I have to ask myself if it is worth the toil and trouble, at least right now.
I want my vision to be what it was, but is this procedure worth it to me so much that I get it done right now?
I just don't know.
I have been going back and forth on this, and I still have not come to a conclusive answer.
I think the best thing to do is to talk with the doctor, see what she has to say about it, and go from there.
Yes, another surgery would be nerve wracking, but it would be for my betterment.
But this is elective surgery, and I have proven that I can live with what I have now ...
Again, it could get worse--complete retinal detachment--if I put things off too long, so maybe now is the time to get this done.
We will see ...
With "see" being the operative word.
I want to give my eyes a rest, so this will be my final Rant for this week.
Have a great weekend, and I should be back in the saddle on Monday.
"See" you then ...
I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.