Total Pageviews

Monday, August 17, 2026

Rant #3,998: I've Got the Music In Me



The weekend is over, and today is the first day of the work week.

For me, it is the first day of another same-old, same-old week.

Not that I am complaining ...

I have had too many weeks that are just the opposite ...

Featuring too many doctors telling me about what ails me.

I did get the final eye drops that I need for my upcoming eye surgery, and I did that this past Friday.

This week, I have to take my son to the dentist, and as for me, later in the week, I have to go to the dermatologist for another followup after that cancer was taken off my scalp several weeks ago.

If it is not one thing, it is another.

Hopefully, he doesn't find anything untoward, but if he does, let him take it off and hopefully, that will be the end of it.

I can't take any more of these health episodes ...

And yes, I feel fine, which I have learned does not necessarily mean that I am fine, it just means that I feel like myself, but who knows what is happening inside my body?

What do I do in the meantime, in between health journeys?

Lately, I have been digging into my CD collection, and digging down deep.

Now that it is all in order, I can really investigate what I have, and archive it onto my computer and a thumb drive so I can listen to these CDs in the car.

I don't like it that for the past several years, CD players are not built into cars, so you have to be creative in listening to your CDs there--

Just like if you want to listen to your records in the car.

I just digitize everything, so I can listen to my heart's content.

Getting back to CDs, I have been archiving a lot of stuff, things that you simply cannot get on vinyl record, or at least it is very difficult to get on vinyl.

It is just as fun as digitizing LPs and singles, and it goes much faster, because you don't have to listen to the music to archive it--

You just feed the CD into an exterior drive that I have, and you pretty much let your computer do all the work.

(And yes, I also don't like that computers don't have this drive built into them anymore, but again, you have to roll with the flow.)

It is fun, passes the time, and allows me to listen to this music in my car.

And lately, I have been listening to a lot of CDs this way.

I guess I simply like physical media a lot, and streaming does pretty much nothing for me.

I like to have something in my hand, and whether it is vinyl, CDs or even cassettes, that is preferable to me than just streaming something.

I can digitally transfer over just about anything to my computer and thumb drive--yes, I have a gadget that does this for cassettes--so it really is an easy thing to do.

So as I prepare for another examination--and another surgery--this is what I do to keep busy, in between work, of course, and all the usual things I have to do.

So yes, it is the same old, same old, but I try to make it all fresh and new.

I at least try to do that, but I don't always succeed ...

As I ponder my future, health-wise, and as I count the days for 2026 to end--

Hopefully, on a good note.

So, while I have no idea what is happening in my body at any given time, I do know that I have the music in me ...

And that, at least to me, is a reassuring thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.