In my seemingly never-ending quest for good health, I went to the dermatologist yesterday morning for my latest skin checkup.
Two things were outstanding, and had to be removed, for further tests.
One was on my forehead, and the other was on my scalp.
The forehead one was this little thing that had come about a little while ago, and I pretty much knew it had to come off.
The thing on my scalp was kind of strange.
I had some work done on my scalp--not the cancerous growth I had removed a few months ago--and it led to a thick scab that would not come off my head.
It wasn't really that noticeable, but it was there.
About two weeks ago, it began itching really badly, and on Wednesday morning, it finally fell off, right in my hands in the shower.
A combination of shampoo and hot water took it off my head.
I was able to save the scab--it measured maybe a quarter of an inch and came off right in my hand--and I brought it with me to the skin doctor.
I pointed out to him the previously scabbed area when the examination started, and I even gave him the scab, which I had saved in my pants pocket.
He told me that what was under the scab was of importance, so he threw away the scab and took a culture of that area.
I just hope that neither of these areas prove to be a problem, as I have had enough problems this year to fill a large dumpster.
But at least they were taken care of, preliminarily, this time around.
Let's see if they prove to be troublesome ...
If they call me, I know that I am doomed once again.
2026 has been a year of major health concerns for me, and I don't need another one--
Certainly not with my eye operation just around the corner.
And again, I feel fine, although I do feel pinches where the lesions were removed.
But I really feel fine, which I guess is both a blessing and a curse.
It is a blessing because I have not really suffered prior to any of my operations ...
But it is a curse because if I had suffered, perhaps I would have gotten the work done earlier, and maybe it all would have gone smoother.
Who knows?
I just hope that this latest episode doesn't prove to be anything worse than it could be.
Having had one cancer removed, I don't need to go through that again--
But if it is what I hope it isn't, then I will just have to grin and bear it.
What else can I do?
There has been this "black cloud" over me this year, and while I try to hang in, it is very, very difficult.
But as usual, whatever happens, I will make it ...
And I will be OK.
It is just that the worry does get to you after a while ...
And I just want that "worry wart" to go away--
Permanently.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.