I swore that I would not talk about my eyes again for now, but this Rant has to do with my eyes, although peripherally.
It actually has to do with complete incompetence, a concept that has grown, and has become more accepted, since the pandemic.
Due to my upcoming eye surgery, I was told by the doctor/surgeon's office to get three specific eye drops for the management of the surgery afterward, and the office put in the prescriptions to my local pharmacy--the one right across the street from where I live--so they could be processed.
The day after my last appointment--when my dilated eyes had returned to normal--I went to that pharmacy to pick up the prescriptions.
The pharmacy gave me two of the prescriptions, and told me that it would be a day or so for them to get the third one.
They told me to sign up for texts from the pharmacy, and they told me that when the prescription was ready, they would text me about its availability.
I signed up for the texts, and left the pharmacy with the two ready prescriptions in hand ...
And I waited, and waited, and waited some more for a text message about the third prescription, but heard nothing from the pharmacy.
On Wednesday, I went to the pharmacy to find out what the status was of the third prescription.
"I have not heard from you about the third prescription," I asked the front desk person at the pharmacy. "It was supposed to be ready a day after I picked up the other two. What is going on?"
She took my name, and looked me up.
"The prescription is on order," she said.
"What exactly does that mean?" I asked.
"We don't have it here, so it is on order," she replied.
"Again, what does that mean?" I asked. "How long will it be before you have it?"
"I don't know," she replied.
As you can imagine, this "Who's On First" game was starting to get to me.
"Look, here is the deal," I said. "I am having an operation in September, and I need those eye drops. You gave me the other two that I needed, you said the other one would be here the next day, you asked me to sign up for text messages related to prescriptions, and I haven't heard a thing from you. So what is going on with the prescription?"
"I don't know," she said. "Go to [another pharmacy], and have the prescription switched there."
This complete indifference to this situation is appalling, at the very least, but it truly shows total incompetency--
And really bad customer service.
If they were having a problem obtaining the prescription, they should have texted me about this problem, but they never did, leaving me in the lurch and putting this all on my head.
If they would have at least texted me about this problem, I could have taken the proper action, rather than sitting here and not knowing what was going on.
I left the pharmacy in a huff, went back home, called my doctor, and had the prescription switched to the other pharmacy, which is about five miles away from where I live--
And the prescription was filled in about a half hour, and I have to go pick it up when I can get over there, probably by the weekend.
My doctor's office told me that it was not surprising that this pharmacy could not fill the third prescription, because "we have been having trouble with them lately."
I wonder why.
Total incompetency, total lack of customer service ...
They act like robots when it comes to taking care of the customer.
As you know, I have brought up similar situations in the past, where workers really cannot care less about the customers they are there to supposedly serve, and this type of inane behavior has heightened since the pandemic.
And as I have said many times, these incompetent leeches are working, and I am sitting here.
It seems every time I have had to have an operation, nothing goes smoothly leading up to the actual procedure.
I always have to extend myself beyond where I really should, because of incompetence--
Which seems to be accepted in today's world.
And it increases the anxiety level I already have related to the procedure, and everything around it.
I will certainly not ever go to the pharmacy again to fill a prescription ...
It is only a prescription for disaster.
Not fair, not fair at all.
That being said, have a great weekend, and I will speak to you again on Monday ...
With all three of my prescriptions in hand.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.