The rehearsal dinner is over, and now the wedding is being held today.
I wish my nephew and his bride the best!
And when that is over, on Saturday, my son starts his bowling league again as a member of the team that is the league's defending champion, and then he has a 30th birthday party to attend for one of his teammates.
When that is all over and done with, on Monday morning, I get the absolute pleasure of having my slightly detached retina repaired!
It is a pleasure, take it from me!
Not the type of pleasure you might think it is, but I guess you have to look at it that way if you are in my shoes.
It has to be done, it has to make my vision better, and I have to get it done NOW, on Monday.
The surgery will probably force me from atop my perch here for at least a week, if not more.
And how I am going to do my work is another story.
I don't know what my limitations will be as I heal, but hopefully, I will get better quickly and be able to come back here and write about all these things that are important to me, and hopefully, interesting to you.
And get back to work.
But I don't know how long that will be, so this might just be my final Rant for some time.
I hope it isn't too long a recovery, because I just have so many things to do, that even a day off will be like an eternity.
Once I get the bandages off my right eye, I will begin the healing process, and I have all sorts of eye drops to use to get me better as quickly as possible.
So I am just going to have to wait, and I am just going to have to be patient.
My daughter is getting married next month--on Halloween--so that is my goal, to be at least good enough to see her take the plunge, so to speak.
And in between all of that, I have the pleasure of having another colonoscopy, which hopefully will go well.
Let's not forget that I also have an appointment with my urologist about my kidney stones ...
And I still have to make sure that my mother's grave is being properly attended to.
Yes, I have a full plate ahead of me, and hopefully, all will go well.
I have to be positive, because how else can I be at this point?
The eye operation will be my fifth operation this year, and hopefully, it will be the last during this calendar year and into the near future, at least.
I am also having the surgery on Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the year on the Jewish calendar ...
I mean, why not?
I am supposed to suffer that day as I pay penance to God and my religion, so I guess I will do the ultimate suffering on that day.
I have to show that I am worthy to live another year, so I hope God can "see" that I should not be crossed off in his book.
Funny, my paternal grandfather came from Poland to this country in the early 1900s, and he came with no records of his birth, so nobody really knew how old he was and when he was born.
I think we kind of thought that he died when he was about 90 or 91 or 92, but we had no idea about his birthday.
He didn't either, and when the subject would come up, he said he was born on--
Yom Kippur, the ultimate day on the Jewish calendar for suffering.
I guess if that is true, my great grandmother truly suffered that day when she had him, but we never knew if that was a true story, and furthermore, Yom Kippur is a different day every year, so who knows when he was actually born?
But I loved him--as I did all of my grandparents--miss him to this day, and whatever date he was born on, he lived a full life.
So to my Pop Jack, happy birthday in heaven, and I know that you are getting thrown out of another pinochle game up where you are ...
Another story for another time.
As for me, I have another surgery to go through, and I just hope I have a good meld and hit a double pinochle and get through all of this well.
Wish me good luck!
Have a great weekend, have an easy fast on Yom Kippur if you are Jewish--
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
And I will speak to you again when I can see clearly again.
It is just that simple.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.