Back to the cemetery ...
I went back there again yesterday to see if any progress had been made on making my mother's gravesite presentable--
And nothing had been done, even though we were told that something was going to be done quickly when my sister and I complained about it last week.
This time, it was not a holiday, so I went into the office, and complained.
I was told that my mother's gravesite--as well as many others--were ready for the planting season, and that her site would have bushes planted on it soon, but they could not give me a date.
After I enquired even further about why there were no bushes on the site to begin with, as there should have been, I kind of figured what they were going to say to me.
The person I spoke to said, "There is a question of payment."
"We never received a bill," I replied. "I will pay for it now, if you want me to."
The person said, "No, you don't have to pay for it now, just wait for the bushes to be planted again."
I said, politely, that I don't want to cause a problem, but why were we not billed for all of this?
"Look, our post office is terrible. We sent the bill out, but you probably did not receive it."
"So can you email me the bill, or I can pay now."
"We are thinking about sending bills by email, because our post office is so terrible."
So where this stands now is, no, there are no bushes on the site.
I have been told that bushes will be planted during their planting season cycle, which is now, but the bushes won't be planted there possibly into October.
I was told that I would be notified by email when they are planted, and that they would contact me when payment was needed.
Why they didn't take my payment right then and there is beyond me, and this is now the third somewhat different story I have heard about why there are no bushes on my mom's gravesite.
I called my sister and told her all about it.
I don't trust this cemetery, to say the least, but what can I do?
I can't say I will take my business elsewhere, nor can I ask them to exhume the grave so I can bury my mother somewhere else.
This is a cemetery, and I have to trust that a mistake was made, and that it will be rectified soon.
I really wish I could have gotten there sooner, but again, not to excuse myself for not going to pay my respects to both my mother and father, but this has been a very, very rough year for me.
I do blame myself, but I also blame the cemetery, because there is no excuse for not contacting me about this.
If they did, in fact, send out a communication to me, I never received it, so since they have my phone and email address, they could have contacted me that way too, to make sure I received the message.
But, as usual, nothing goes smoothly when it comes to just about anything I do, so I have to go through extra layers to discern what is going on--
And to rectify it.
My mother deserves better.
Honestly, I just don't know what I did to anybody to deserve all of this, but if God is testing me ...
I hope that I have finally passed this latest test with flying colors.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.