The 25th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks was a day of remorse ...
For some people, I guess.
New York City Mayor Mamdani and his cohorts attended the ceremony at Ground Zero, but by all accounts, they were there because they had to be there, not because they wanted to be there, as they were seen laughing during the reading of the names of the deceased.
Yes, there is often some laughter at funerals, because that is human nature, but based on what I have seen and what was reported, there were points that this garbage mayor and others were having a grand old time at the ceremony.
In fact, the mayor attended a march held beforehand that I had never heard of, one where marchers make their way to Ground Zero while stopping at churches, synagogues and mosques along the way so they can pay their religious respects to those who have perished.
Rather than marching all the way through, Mamdani only appeared at the mosque visit.
These incidents simply reinforce the fact that this guy is evil, what he stands for is evil--
And New York City deserves this garbage because they voted him into office.
Shame on all of them.
What did I do on Patriot's Day?
I worked.
I took my son to work, and brought him home when his workday was completed.
I saw some of the ceremonies.
I also did something that I had vowed to do for a while--
Nothing important in the grand scheme of things, but it was important for me, personally, that I get this chore done.
I worked to rearrange my 45 RPM singles collection using the two new holders I bought, originally to hold my CD collection, but now repurposed to hold singles.
Look, when you have 5,000 singles, it is quite a chore to do this, a lot of lifting, bending, and moving around.
It was time to do it, because once September 21 comes around and I have my eye operation, I can't do that stuff for at least a few weeks, if not a few months.
So I did it on September 11.
I moved everything, and while I don't feel that I am 100 percent done with the task, at least I have gotten off to a good start.
It will do for now.
In the early evening, it was the first night of Rosh Hashanah--the beginning of the Jewish High Holy Days---and while I did not attend shul then or over the weekend, I do hope for renewal--personal and otherwise--this new year.
I also watched baseball.
Baseball was thought to be a healing force during the aftermath of that horrid day, and 25 years later, the two New York baseball teams faced each other to signify the importance of the day, the importance of what happened in Manhattan that day, and the importance of our national pastime as an agent for healing.
It was the Yankees versus the Mets, and I saw all the pre-game ceremonies unfurl, remembering the day 25 years ago.
Yankee Stadium was packed, and while there were Mets and Yankees fans there, fans of the U.S.A. eclipsed everything.
But we were brought back to the current normal--which is far from it--when a so-called "fan" ran onto the field and unfurled a Palestinian flag.
He ran out of the stands onto the field at exactly 9:11 p.m.
He was tackled and taken away.
Yes, most reports listed him as a "fan," once again showing their bias against the U.S. and Israel and yes, the free world.
His actions didn't ruin the game, but it also signified that there is a rancid boil that is festering in this country and around the world--
A lesion further inflamed by the likes of Mayor Mamdani and his evil, anti-U.S.A. minions.
It was September 11, 2026, not September 11, 2021, and yes, many of us seem to have collectively forgotten about what happened that day.
It is looked at as ancient history to some, but to others, that wound will never heal.
Some even say that Patriot's Day should be a national holiday, a day that we get off from school and work and honor those who died by the hands of terrorists.
We have to be really careful here.
We do not want the day to morph into a day that we go to the beach, have sales in our stores and online, have barbecues and take it easy, like we do on other holidays.
That would respect our American lifestyle that these terrorists tried to take away from us on that fateful day, but it would also disrespect those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
So leave the day as it is, teach our children about the evils that happened that day, hold those responsible fully accountable for what they did, and make sure we are all on the same page when it comes to that day.
"U.S.A. ! ...
U.S.A. ! ...
U.S.A. ... !!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.