Things have settled down a bit from Monday's craziness ...
But when your entire life is crazy, nothing really gets back to what I would call a sense of normalcy.
I went to the eye doctor on Tuesday to get the latest check up on my eye, and believe me, there were no surprises to me during the appointment.
The eye needs to be repaired, and I will get that done as soon as I can.
My whole body needs to be in check after what I have already gone through this year.
And I have two weddings to look forward to, and I want to be able and healthy when those events come up in September and October.
When I think about my damaged eye, the song "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash comes to mind.
This song was a huge single in 1972, hitting the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 in late summer of that year.
And the lyrics kind of go with what I am currently going through, if you want to stretch things a bit.
Here they are, from the AZLyrics.com site (https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnnynash/icanseeclearlynow.html).
"I can see clearly now, the rain has gone
I can see all obstacles in my wayGone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
I think I can make it now, the pain has gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
Look all around, there's nothing but blue sky
Look straight ahead, nothing but blue sky
I can see clearly now, the rain has gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone're the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
Gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
Gonna be a bright, bright, bright sun-shining day."
Yes, if you stretch things, the song is almost prophetic when it comes to my malady.
Now, I have to get this thing fixed.
What's another surgery when you have had several of them already this year?
I guess that is how I have to look at this whole thing now ...
Just another speed bump on my road to good health.
And something I just have to do, sooner than later.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.