Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 23, 2026

Rant #3,967: I Feel Good!



We reached the one million mark in visits to this site--

So I thank you all very much for your patronage.

It took a long time, but however long it took, we are there--

And well beyond that number now.

Otherwise, now into its third day, this is the first week in many, many months that I can finally breathe a little bit.

No doctors' visits, no surgeries, no procedures ...

No nothing this week.

I do have some responsibilities to fulfill--like work--but other than that, I can actually take in the air and breathe this week.

And while I am still not 100 percent healthwise, like James Brown once said--

"I feel good!"

Honestly, there were times that I didn't think I would get to this point, but right now, I guess I am feeling as good as I possibly can, even with some maladies still in place that will eventually need to be addressed.

But I can certainly live with that, and I can certainly live with the future followups that I am going to have to undertake to make sure that these issues do not come up again--

And I do mean never again.

We are getting older, but that does not mean that we are old, by any stretch of the imagination.

Things have to be taken care of, and I have no problem at all with doing that.

But I just don't want to ever feel like I did for the past several months--

Completely out of sorts and at the beck and call of my doctors.

I do have some really good doctors, so I have no problem with them at all.

But the things that they found wrong with me ...

That is just so much more difficult to reconcile.

And the costs ...

Don't get me started on that.

Yes, good health insurance does help, but the thousands of dollars I have had to pay out of pocket made my wallet as unhealthy as I was.

If you have to rely on Medicare for your health insurance, you are out of luck to begin with, and I am sure Medicaid is no better.

But whatever the case, I survived, and now, I don't want to just survive, I want to thrive.

Everything that was put on hold during the worst of my ailments will be taken care of now that I am feeling somewhat better.

Again, I am not fully there yet, but I am feeling better than I have in a long time.

So, thanks to my doctors, thanks to my family, and thanks to my friends for sticking with me during all this toil and trouble.

Let me tell you, there were times that this 69 year old felt like he was 96, but I got through it all, and hopefully with flying colors.

There are still things that need to be fixed, but for right now, I can finally see the forest for the trees.

I hope to have a nice summer, and I hope that my family has a nice summer with me.

Once we get to the fall, I have to continue to be well, because as I told you in previous Rants, I have a very busy period coming up--

Including the wedding of my daughter ...

So I need to be in top-notch shape for that.

Let me leave it at that ...

And I wish good health to everyone.

Thanks for staying with me through all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.